Today, we celebrated the successful completion of leadership training for 21 of our Shepherd managers. They completed a comprehensive 7 week series on John Maxwell’s 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. Through lecture presentation, case studies and practical exercises, our managers were able to:
- Increase awareness and understanding on how to evolve into a more effective leader.
- Develop practical and measureable skills that can build influence.
- Learn how to build stronger relationships and team dynamics in the organization.
- Establish new ideals for performance standards.
- Create a renewed vision for a strong and positive work culture.
- Increase accountability for work outcomes.
- Establish new long-lasting behaviors for ongoing leadership development efforts.
In today’s closing session, each manager developed and shared their “Leadership Development Plan” to utilize moving forward. I am very excited with the positive feedback received and it is our goal to continue to offer this training series in years to come.
I would like to thank our facilitator, Maria Stevens, owner of Stevens Job Coaching, my Associate Directors and my Administrative Assistant for their help in making this such a success.
Richard J. Limongi