A quick action group has been organized by the Retired Senior Volunteer Program, the Women League of Voters and Shepherd of the Valley to provide seniors with assistance during the COVID-19 outbreak in our community.
Volunteers will pick-up food items from the grocery store or food bank, medications from pharmacies, and deliver them to seniors in need.
Volunteers will also provide transportation to/from medical appointments.
What the volunteer process will look like:
- You will receive a text (or call, if you do not have texting capability) to confirm your availability.
- Once your availability is confirmed, you will be given the pick-up or appointment location and home address of the senior.
- Text (or call) a confirmation after drop-off of food/medicine, or once the senior is returned home from the medical appointment.
- Due to concerns surrounding the transmission of COVID-19 and general safety, you will not enter any private residence or
- Seniors are expected to pay for their groceries and medications. You will need to pick-up the payment before picking up the items.
Leah Sakacs, Program Coordinator for The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program for Mahoning and Trumbull counties will be coordinating volunteers for this project. You can reach her by signing up to volunteer or by calling 330-530-4038, x2222.